Is there any language that native-compiles faster than D?

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 23:08:05 UTC 2020

On Friday, 21 August 2020 at 14:37:35 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> For the latest version, download the binaries from here:
> https://golang.org/dl/. Otherwise install the "golang" package
> using the package manager.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

I update compiler-benchmark with support for the reference go
compiler. I'll update the numbers now. It will take a while. In
the meanwhile you can evaluate it yourself using, for instance,

./benchmark --languages=D,Go --function-count=200
--function-depth=450 --run-count=1

DMD is still far ahead of Go aswell; about 2.5x faster on check
and 10x faster on build for my contrived example.

I also added a script

     ./install-compilers.sh

you can use to install most of the compilers I use in my tests on
Ubuntu 20.04.