help needed to bring Windows SecureChannel to dlang-requests

ikod igor.khasilev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 06:28:26 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 05:29:25 UTC, novice3 wrote:
> On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 04:06:27 UTC, ikod wrote:
>> The problem: in Windows to use OpenSSL you have to find,
>> download and install openssl package from some thirtd party
>
> may be, link openssl statically?

Thanks for your reply!

I use dynamic linking because at OpenSSL have interface
incompatibilities between version 1.0 and 1.1, and at the time of
transition between these versions there were no clean and
reliable way for dub to detect which version installed in system
(so I was unable to select proper openssl calls at compile time).
So I decided to load library dynamicaly and check which
interfaces available during runtime. Here is details:
https://github.com/ikod/dlang-requests/issues/45

Also, will static linking work reliable? I'm open to return back
to static linking if this can be confirmed: 1) static linking
will work ok for third-party packages installed on Windows, 2)
with dub I can at compile time detect openssl version installed
in system