help needed to bring Windows SecureChannel to dlang-requests

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Aug 24 10:04:58 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 06:28:26 UTC, ikod wrote:

> Also, will static linking work reliable? I'm open to return
> back to static linking if this can be confirmed: 1) static
> linking will work ok for third-party packages installed on
> Windows,

I can add that static linking is required on Linux if you want to
fully statically link the binary. `dlopen` is not supported on
iOS and OpenSSL doesn't ship on iOS, IIRC.

> 2) with dub I can at compile time detect openssl version
> installed in system

Dub can execute arbitrary code at various stages during the
build. Here's an example of DStep identifying libclang [1] [2].

[1]
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep/blob/d355dec2d57e11459e938dddcb1f6dab34ef124b/dub.json#L34-L36

[2]
https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep/blob/master/configure.d