Deprecation: argument `ul` for format specification `"%lu"` must be `int`, not `ulong`

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Aug 27 04:28:13 UTC 2020

On 8/25/2020 2:28 AM, ParticlePeter wrote:
> The code I am talking about is unchanged since at least, dmd 2.086,
> now I am getting the Deprecation message.

That's because printf format checking is a new feature. Your code was actually
broken before, although it appeared to work. It would likely have failed more
obviously if there were more argments after ul, or if your machine was bigendian.

This change uncovered a lot of similar latent bugs in programs.