Is there any language that native-compiles faster than D?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Aug 27 09:53:28 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 26 August 2020 at 20:10:09 UTC, MrSmith wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 August 2020 at 19:26:17 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
>> How should I best build vox for maximum performance?
>
> It needs cli version passed:
> ldc2 -d-version=cli -m64 -O3 -release -boundscheck=off
> -enable-inlining -flto=full -i main.d -of=./tjc

Should add the following flags as well for best performance:

`--mcpu=native
--defaultlib=libdruntime-ldc-lto.,libphobos2-ldc-lto`

The first will enable extra features the current CPU supports,
like SSE. The second one will link to druntime and Phobos
compiled with LTO enabled, instead of the regular libraries.

--
/Jacob Carlborg