Future of D 2.x as stable/bug fix, and what's next for D 3.x

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Aug 31 19:11:40 UTC 2020

On Monday, 31 August 2020 at 16:34:00 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

> Do you really think these same people are going to come to a
> clear consensus about stability vs. innovation?

That's the impression I get from reading this forum. DIPs that
are small tweaks that breaks nothing or very little often get
positive feedback. DIPs that makes big breaking changes or tries
fork in a new piece of technology often has more controversy
around it. Now, you would say that this is completely natural but
still I haven't seen that big enthusiasm regarding the bigger
changes. That's my observation when it comes to D. When it comes
to other languages, I don't know but they are often governed in
some other fashion like C++.