Kernel buffer overflow exposes iPhone 11 Pro to radio based attacks

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Dec 2 15:19:37 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 2 December 2020 at 15:13:35 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:

> D range error actually doesn't allocate memory, it throws a
> statically allocated object, or with appropriate compile
> switches, calls an abort function directly.

That's interesting and of course people don't this because it is
not documented and you of have study the source code in detail to
figure this out. Do we have a list what libraries use statically
allocated exceptions?

Then comes the question, how is this statically allocated
exception placed, on stack or TLS. Is it shared with all
libraries that throws RangeError or is it per library?