The forgotten deprecation: switch case fall-through

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Thu Dec 3 09:29:12 UTC 2020

Hi,

Switch case fallthrough (non-empty cases that do not end with a
break, continue, goto, return, throw or assert(0) statement) has
been deprecated for more than 9 years [1]. As I am fixing a bug
due to unintended case fall-through today, I am wondering when
its deprecation period will be ended. It is not in the list of
deprecations [2]. Does this mean that it is being forgotten? Is
there a protocol for what should happen to deprecations and when,
and who is taking care of that process?

Had there been a -preview switch for making this an error, I'd be
using it (I can't use -de just yet, as I need to allow other
deprecations for the moment).

Thanks,
Bastiaan.

[1]