My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Thu Dec 3 11:14:57 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 3 December 2020 at 10:49:39 UTC, HackFlackRepeat
wrote:
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/vnkgayrbnokeufduuuba@forum.dlang.org
>
> On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
>> Is Go perfect? Hell no ... but one needs to way the positive
>> and negative. And to me it feels like Go has made more
>> positive decisions that actually help people develop, then D
>> on doing too much everywhere. Go is here to stay for the
>> foreseeable future, where as D... not sure and that is scary.
>

> I totally agree. Golang is fast, well documented, therefore
> easy to learn and well-scaled. Troubleshooting and performance
> monitoring are extremely convenient with lots of tools
> available - TICK stack, New Relic, Prometheus. There are lots
> of guides on how to monitor its performance and boost it, just
> check this article out:
> https://yalantis.com/blog/go-application-performance-monitoring/

If this is what matters most for you, than golang might be the
right language for you.
For me it is every line coding I write, wheter it feels good or
painful. I do not know any other language which makes me as
productive and happy as D. Therefore I accept some gaps as I know
they will be solved other time.

Kind regards
Andre