DIP1014 implement status ?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:55:00 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 1:10 PM CalvinP via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Friday, 27 November 2020 at 02:57:57 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> >
> > No. The DIP was accepted. Just because it probably won't be
> > implemented doesn't mean that changes.
>
> OK.
>
> Any way I think some extra information about the DIP1014 future
> will be necessary.

1014 is dead, just the same way as postblit is dead; it's broken by design.
Copy constructors appeared because postblit couldn't be fixed. By all the
same reasoning, postMove was broken and move constructors were being
developed as a replacement for 1014, but the person carrying the move
constructor implementation disappeared mysteriously :/