My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Tue Dec 8 08:50:15 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 8 December 2020 at 07:47:10 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 December 2020 at 07:25:17 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Go builds on the experience of Inferno and Limbo. Apparently
>> people keep forgetting Plant 9 was just the middle stop
>
> Nobody forgot anything, Inferno is a reformulation of ideas in
> plan 9 implemented in Limbo. Go tooling borrows from plan 9
> afaik.

Just like Inferno uses the Plan 9 compilers for kernel.

Go is Limbo with Oberon-2 method syntax.

Here,

"Evolving Languages: 5 Steps to Go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFMZgJfIEPM

I love how the presenter calls Plan 9 a diversion, after all Alef
was dropped from Plan 9, only to be brought back in Inferno.