My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Tue Dec 8 17:29:58 UTC 2020

On 8 Dec 2020 at 01:01:21 CET, "aberba" <karabutaworld at gmail.com> wrote:

> We tend to focus on the language itself too much. Project
> managers care about delivering results ASAP. So they'll go for
> something with a matured ecosystem of tools and packages...to get
> things done.

Well said, and those project managers make the decision what to use.

And, it's not only about delivering ASAP, which implies that I can keep my
team productive, which means a simpler, limited language is better.

However, maintainability is key too. I need to ramp-up new team-members as
quick as possible. They need to understand foreign code ASAP, they should
spend time on the code base, not fiddling around with the tools or language
specs to understand what they see.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com