My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 22:13:29 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 8 December 2020 at 00:01:21 UTC, aberba wrote:

> We tend to focus on the language itself too much. Project
> managers care about delivering results ASAP. So they'll go for
> something with a matured ecosystem of tools and packages...to
> get things done.

On the other hand, depending on what is being done, the ecosystem
need might be relatively simple. For instance, if one needs just
your average GUI widget library with no interest for any advanced
library features, there is no major difference between D and Go.
Both have fully functional GUI libraries, so it makes sense to
let the language features to decide which one to prefer.

Of course, the above applies only to some applications. Not
nearly every application is so independent of the ecosystem.