Kernel buffer overflow exposes iPhone 11 Pro to radio based attacks

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 15:56:18 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 at 14:05:44 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> Using compromised @safe is much, much worse than not using
> @safe at all. Not using @safe at all means you still have the
> option of migrating to @safe in the future. If you're using
> compromised @safe, you have no migration path.

Yes you have, assuming you have documented appropriately. Look
for comments saying "greenwashed as @trusted" or whatever, and
recheck the annotations of those places.

Note that I meant internal usage. With library APIs you're right.
Yeah, I quess that's another problem with Walter's DIP. but
personally I think that if the APIs would have been annotated
within 6-12 months of the DIP acceptance, the blame of the
breakage would be on the library user. And if it took longer, the
library was probably abandoned anyway.