Alternatives to travis-ci

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Dec 10 16:30:43 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 11:52:41 UTC, M.M. wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 11:42:41 UTC, Mathias LANG
> wrote:
>> As many of you might be aware already, travis-ci is killing
>> their open-source plans.
>> They haven't sunset it yet,, but they introduced a set of
>> restrictions that makes them completely uncompetitive and
>> impractical to use compared to other services on the market.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Thank you for sharing and suggesting alternatives. Is GitLab CI
> similarly easy/friendly/suitable for D? Does anyone use it?

Gitlab.org (so not self-hosted version) CI is only free for
linux. osx and windows runners require to buy "minutes".

Then it is as suitable a any other CI service that supports
docker images, meaning that D is not supported natively (but
really the docker image solve this issue).

On top of that you have facilities to release binaries, deploy
packages or publish a static website.

It has always been stable and reliable for me but I run it let's
say 5 times per day top.

To make you an idea, see https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dlang-ci.