Alternatives to travis-ci

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri Dec 11 13:18:52 UTC 2020

On Friday, 11 December 2020 at 10:34:34 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> GitHub Actions has the least mature UI (compared to every other
> CI service), but for most open-source D projects hosted on
> GitHub it is easily the best choice, thanks to
> https://github.com/dlang-community/setup-dlang which makes it
> trivial to add CI for Windows, Linux and macOS to your project.
> Probably the biggest disadvantage is that they don't offer the
> option to restart individual jobs, which is partial offset by
> offering noticeably faster machines than Travis CI did.

I tend to agree. But if your CI scripts are complex, there's one
big catch for the MS solutions (GitHub Actions / Azure Pipelines)
- they don't use a regular YAML parser and don't support YAML
anchors for reusable pieces. Azure Pipelines offers custom
'templates' instead (essentially, importing a file). That's not
possible for GitHub Actions and the main reason it's not an
option for LDC CI.