Alternatives to travis-ci

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 20:21:28 UTC 2020

On Friday, 11 December 2020 at 10:34:34 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:

> GitHub Actions has the least mature UI (compared to every other
> CI service), but for most open-source D projects hosted on
> GitHub it is easily the best choice, thanks to
> https://github.com/dlang-community/setup-dlang which makes it
> trivial to add CI for Windows, Linux and macOS to your project.
> Probably the biggest disadvantage is that they don't offer the
> option to restart individual jobs, which is partial offset by
> offering noticeably faster machines than Travis CI did.
>
> [...]

Funnily, the UI just got a big update thanks to Github universe.
Another thing that irks me about Github is how unstable their
environment is. From experience:
https://github.com/actions/virtual-environments/issues/1498
If you look at their announcements
(https://github.com/actions/virtual-environments/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3AAnnouncement) you'll see that they move fast. It might be a good thing for some use cases, but I definitely don't want to have to catchup to updates to my Docker images when there's work to be done.

Hopefully they'll see the light there too, at some point in the
near future.