Swift is getting async, structured concurrency and actors

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:55:29 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 10:14:20 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Friday, 11 December 2020 at 22:12:44 UTC, Ola Fosheim
> Grøstad wrote:
>> For D it would make a lot of sense to just add C++ style
>> coroutines. LDC/GDC could just look at the C++ implementation
>> and borrow it.
>
> Are they stackless? Then yes.

AFAIK conceptually, but maybe the current backend have to save
some state from the top frames and reconstruct it on resume? Not
sure if current LLVM can support fully stackless, but I haven't
checked.  It should be possible on MIPS, which doesn't use a
stack...