ARM first & default LDC

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Dec 14 21:22:25 UTC 2020

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 08:53:19PM +0000, Max Haughton via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Besides, having 3 compilers is healthy (Isn't GCC on the cusp of
> getting an up to date frontend, too?) for the language and it's users.

Walter has said this before: before we had 3 compilers, the naysayers
were saying, "what's wrong with D? how come it only has 1 compiler? Bus
factor, yadda yadda yadda".  Now that we have 3 compilers, and the
naysayers are saying "why is D so divided? Why are there 3 compilers
instead of one official compiler? Yadda yadda yadda"

This is one of those games where the only way to win is not to play.

A programming language should be a toolbox for the programmer to draw upon, not a minefield of dangerous explosives that you have to very carefully avoid touching in the wrong way.