ARM first & default LDC

Dylan Graham dylan.graham2000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:06:34 UTC 2020

On Monday, 14 December 2020 at 04:35:31 UTC, 9il wrote:
> ARM is going to conquer laptop and PC markets in the next few
> years.

I work with ARM daily (automotive) and I'm skeptical of that
assumption. Sure Apple is moving over, but that's a more
centralised and controlled ecosystem. It won't be as easy with
Windows or GNU+Linux.

Why would the developers put in all that effort if it turns out
to be another "Year of the Linux desktop" or "Rust is superior
and everyone will be using it"?It would be safer and less of a
hassle to react to market conditions than to predict and preempt
them.

Let the chips fall where they may, and work based on that. It's
too early yet.