ARM first & default LDC

Dylan Graham dylan.graham2000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:16:43 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 12:04:38 UTC, 9il wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 10:13:41 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 15 December 2020 at 08:06:34 UTC, Dylan Graham
>> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
> Agreed. And this looks like another one reason to make the LLVM
> backend default.

Not really. All those targets will need runtime support from the
foundation. As is, runtime support aside from X86, AMD64 is
somewhat lacklustre even on GDC and LDC, and it's not easy to
produce runtimes.

In my opinion it's best to have a bleeding-edge implementation
that the foundation can work out language issues and experiment
on and then other compilers that can focus on multi-targeting and
LLVM/GCC interfacing.