ARM first & default LDC

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:44:22 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 17 December 2020 at 16:02:05 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> I'd be really wary to release something built with DMD and
> optimizations on.

My view is the -O, -inline, and -release switches should all
become no-ops in dmd. They're slow and dangerous. I already
advise people to never use them* and they weaken dmd rather than
strengthen it.

* There is one exception: building druntime. It actually makes a
difference there and since it is fairly better controlled it
actually can use them and since druntime it not fully compatible
across compilers you can't really mix and match. But that's it.