Can D used for BIG-HUGE projects?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sat Dec 19 12:40:40 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 12:16:46 UTC, Marlon wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 11:44:16 UTC, 9il wrote:
>> [...]
>
> So taking only the good parts, assembled by people that 'spent
> their time' trying to design a coherent and top-class design is
> fine. Playing in the sandbox no, because you design and code
> better and faster than the others. 'Nothing personal, just time
> & money' Bleah again ...
>
> 'Code means nothing. People are everything. Code reflects
> people's relationships and EXPERTISE' Clap clap, bleah ... you
> can try to be a little more humble, dude.
>
> Instead of Ilya the Lone Renger, the language needs more people
> like Andrei, with his attitude towards improving things but
> under the same hat, but we know how ended ...
>
> Balkanization, all the way down, like turtles: try to build
> something BIG-HUGE as the author asked, mixing together all the
> different pieces. A little of sumtype, a little of MIR, a
> little of phobos, and a little of vibe ... it's like nitro,
> handle with care!
>
> Atila, knock knock, there's anybody in there? And everyone is
> wondering why D is not growing fast enough?

I am not native speaker but your post sounds rather aggressive
and insulting.
Please consider expressing your opinion in a more friendly way.

Here is my opinion: trying to bring numpy / pandas to the D
language is a huge task and will be a game changer for D. What
Ilya and the other Mir developers doing here is huge and really
important for D. I doubt this can be done in Phobos at the first
place, but there is of course the possibility to port it from Mir
to Phobos at a later point in time.

We should be more thankful to the developers who make such a
great job.

Kind regards
Andre