ARM first & default LDC

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat Dec 19 19:51:37 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 19:38:10 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> You realise that creating a high quality backend that is 100%
> bug free takes a lot of effort and that you have to maintain it
> in perpetuity? It isn't sufficient that someone "just does it",
> it also has to be correct, efficient and updated.

This post made me think.

https://forum.dlang.org/post/umfqzznlrongfrvictus@forum.dlang.org

Read point number 3.

Basically, there are problems with DMD, sometimes crashes and has
codegen bugs. Codegen bugs is definitely not something you want
in a big project because they are time consuming.

Thank you for posting real commercial experience with D. If I was
a hard headed boss of the D project I would probably demand that
the DMD backend would be scrapped and efforts should focus on
stability with the support of GCC and LLVM backends.