Can D used for BIG-HUGE projects?

Marlon marlon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 22:37:36 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 12:40:40 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 12:16:46 UTC, Marlon wrote:
>> On Saturday, 19 December 2020 at 11:44:16 UTC, 9il wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> So taking only the good parts, assembled by people that 'spent
>> their time' trying to design a coherent and top-class design
>> is fine. Playing in the sandbox no, because you design and
>> code better and faster than the others. 'Nothing personal,
>> just time & money' Bleah again ...
>>
>> 'Code means nothing. People are everything. Code reflects
>> people's relationships and EXPERTISE' Clap clap, bleah ... you
>> can try to be a little more humble, dude.
>>
>> Instead of Ilya the Lone Renger, the language needs more
>> people like Andrei, with his attitude towards improving things
>> but under the same hat, but we know how ended ...
>>
>> Balkanization, all the way down, like turtles: try to build
>> something BIG-HUGE as the author asked, mixing together all
>> the different pieces. A little of sumtype, a little of MIR, a
>> little of phobos, and a little of vibe ... it's like nitro,
>> handle with care!
>>
>> Atila, knock knock, there's anybody in there? And everyone is
>> wondering why D is not growing fast enough?
>
> I am not native speaker but your post sounds rather aggressive
> and insulting.
> Please consider expressing your opinion in a more friendly way.

So, saying that time and money is what really matter, in an open
source project, is not aggressive? Geez ... well, everyone has
its values, I still on the side of who effortlessly put its time
in trying to grow the WHOLE ecosystem in an harmonic grow.

>Here is my opinion: trying to bring numpy / pandas to the D
> language is a huge task and will be a game changer for D. What
> Ilya and the other Mir developers doing here is huge and really
> important for  D.

I do not care about numpy and pandas, I care about 4 (thank you
Ilya) different INCOMPATIBLE ways of implementing Algebraic. Not
a rocket, Algebraic. As it seems that everybody needs to
implement it from scratch every time to do his homework, I would
call it a basic building block.

> We should be more thankful to the developers who make such a
> great job.

And we should. And I could curse them every time I can't mix
easily their beautiful job with other beautiful job, because of
'money and time'.