Can D used for BIG-HUGE projects?

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 17:29:50 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 20 December 2020 at 03:26:17 UTC, 9il wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 December 2020 at 03:06:21 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:53:40PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>>
>>> Geeze, by that definition my hobby code I wrote by myself is
>>> a "big and huge" project.
>>
>> Yeah 100K LOC is not very much at all.  The codebase I work on
>> at my day job is >1.2M LOC and takes about 20-30 mins to
>> build. No D, though, unfortunately, just C, C++, Java, JS, and
>> a bit of Tcl.

> Geeze, did you wrote at least >1M of that codebase yourself? If
> so, that is really awesome!

... I can be a badass sometimes. Nevermind. In terms of a single
human life, 100K is a huge project one may need a year or few to
make this project ready for production.

A command can be larger than a few men, then you can have almost
any size if the solid system architecture allows it. A browser
usually a project of projects. This is also valid for my work
where "my" "huge" 100K LOC project is just a ... plugin! But for
me, it is "huge" and I am very happy I have done it.