What did you think about an implicitConversionOp ?

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:27:05 UTC 2020

One point against `implicitConversionOp` is to which degree we
work on copies after conversion.

What means actually conversion?
Did we create a whole new value not sharing any parts to its
original value or is it more a mix of creation and sharing?
Example: create a new List and deep copy the elements out of the
original list vs copy only the pointer of the elements out of the
original list.

Because of this reason, I would favor for `implicitCoercionOp`
and making `implicitConversionOp` explicit over `to!T` à la
`into` in Rust.