What did you think about an implicitConversionOp ?

Mike slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 22:27:19 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 27 December 2020 at 16:50:06 UTC, sighoya wrote:

> In the thread you linked here
> (https://forum.dlang.org/post/vggskphkqxtriqnavmnf@forum.dlang.org), you even recommend deprecating alias this in favor of implicit operators. I like the idea, but deprecation isn't really that required, I think.

I did not recommend it; I only mentioned it as an alternative.
Indeed, deprecating `alias this` is not required; it was
mentioned to emphasize that with the addition of the feature, the
benefit `alias this` provides could be achieved in other ways.

>> 2.  Implicit constructors
>
> Was this DIP1004
> (https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/48f1e88f9740ec30558eff2fc7a18735ceb64352/DIPs/other/DIP1004.md)?

No, I meant this C++ feature:
https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/converting_constructor
I suppose I may have used the wrong term.

> It is implicit conversion, but a more restricted one leading to
> the creation of more types than necessary.

Only the types being converted from and converted to should be
necessary.