Fixing dub search

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:00:36 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 11:47:11 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 28 December 2020 at 10:49:58 UTC, aberba wrote:
>> I can make a PR for the MeiliSearch integration but I need to
>> know foundation is willing to host a MeiliSearch instance for
>> that.
>
> It is written in Rust...
>
> But seriously, in-memory-search is easy to implement, so it
> would look better if it is done in D.
>
> An alternative is to use an existing online indexing service,
> probably cheaper and more scalable than setting up a dedicated
> service yourself.

Read the previous GitHub discussion. They've gone through that
route.

Any PaaS cost more than IaaS. If cost isn't an issue then we can
go with that too.

But since the registry is hosted, it's quite straightforward to
do ./meilisearch --master-key PRIVATE_KEY and be done with.