Adding ccache-like output caching to dmd

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 19:26:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 12:49:45 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> The issue is that because of string imports you don't know the
> full set of files you are depending on.
> which means any change can cause any file to be required.

If we, in dmd, during the initial (uncached) build log all the
imported files including string imports and output them to a
cache description together with their individual content hashes
and pessimistically rebuild every time anything changes I don't
see how this can be an issue. Can you elaborate on which case
I've missed?