Fixing dub search

sarn sarn at theartofmachinery.com
Tue Dec 29 22:27:17 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 December 2020 at 08:45:02 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Monday, 28 December 2020 at 20:49:12 UTC, sarn wrote:
>> The best place for discussion is here, though:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/issues/93
> If you've looked at the very discussion you referenced, you'd
> realize they went around and still came back to using mongodb
> for search.

I read it.  It's the bug report for this issue, and it's the
discussion thread for this community project.  There's no them vs
you.  There's isn't even a final decision in that thread.
MongoDB is being used now because that's what's implemented.

> And between elasticsearch and MeiliSearch, MeiliSearch is
> simpler, lightweight and easy to use.

Have you considered anything other than ElasticSearch,
MeiliSearch and custom hacks?  There are at least four other
options mentioned in the thread I linked to.  Maybe add
MeiliSearch and your reasons for using it.