DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:29:17 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 2 February 2020 at 14:20:16 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> This is a use case for `alias this`, the language just has to
> support it.

Indeed.

So is

string s = i"";

so idk which one we'd use (unless the language gets multiple
alias this lol).

But regardless the struct lets us have it all. With alias this it
is every minor detail. Without it it is a simple method call.

I used to lukewarm support this DIP, but since the struct is so
much better, superior in almost every objective measure, I now
think we should vote it down unless it changes.