DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 16:21:18 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 03:31:46PM +0000, Tove via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Implict conversion to string would trigger allocations!

 indeed but you can also just not do that; you do need to specift string
 to trigger alias this.

 but i personally would also be oj with explicit toString call, my point
 is really with a struct we can do it all, whereas with the dip as-is we
 privilege one niche case at the expense of almost all others.