DIP Reviews: Discussion vs. Feedback

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Feb 3 22:28:32 UTC 2020

On Monday, 3 February 2020 at 19:57:54 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> I'm creating this thread in case some aren't aware of this:
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2020/01/26/dip-reviews-discussion-vs-feedback/
>
> Please use the discussion thread for discussion. Don't reply to
> posts in the feedback thread unless you're the DIP author. (I
> think that's the rule.) I've noticed people violating the new
> rules and their posts are being deleted.

There is a fine line between discussions and feedback. It is not
that obvious what is OT and what is not. I consider this also to
be a limitation of the forum SW which is just a news group. If
someone is going too OT, then a moderator can choose to delete
the post or put it in a new thread but how much control does this
forum give to a moderator. Modern forum SW has an option to move
several posts to a new or existing thread.