DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 18:41:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 4 February 2020 at 14:33:59 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> [snip]

One thing I'm a little confused on with this proposal. Under DIP
1027, if I have a function that takes an string as input, then I
believe it can take an interpolated string as input instead.
Similarly, it works with printf.

Under the addendum proposal, is it also the case that functions
that take strings or printf can instead take the interpolated
string? You have some comments about that it does have
compatability with printf and there was some discussion about a
toString method, but I wasn't 100% sure where that came down and
why.