Reasons to use D (over alternatives like Rust)

RaycatWhoDat rmperry09 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 19:57:53 UTC 2020

Hi.

Disclaimer: This thread isn't specifically a "this vs. that"
thread but more of a "help me articulate reasons" post.

For the last three or so years, I've been on a bit of a journey
to find two or three languages that I can really dive into and
specialize in. I came upon D by accident about a year or so ago
and I really enjoyed the productivity I felt when writing it.
Specifically, I liked the way it felt to write and refactor and
optimize. I'm big on what the semantics and syntax of a language
feels like. This is where the problem starts.

I can tell people how I feel writing the language but I can't
give them exact reasons as to why they'd pick D over alternatives
like Rust. I was hoping I could get some opinions from the people
here and maybe you guys can help me solidify some of my own
understandings.

Thanks in advance.