Compile time XML Parser?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 02:20:00 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 at 02:06:58 UTC, Kaitlyn Emmons
wrote:
> It crash from manipulation but does it ever crash just parse
> and read?

Not for me but I almost always just do it at runtime; the compile
time isn't as well tested. (I've only done little things with it
at CT)

But the same principle should apply to the other D xml parsers so
maybe one of them will be better.

> to try parse and auto generate a VK binding from VKapi.xml that
> krhonos releases :) But it is big and complex xml so need
> stable parser.

You might be better off doing it at run time anyway - write a
program to load the xml and generate it as a separate step in
your build process.

With a CT binding, every single build is going to have to reparse
all the xml and regenerate the binding and the compile time
function executor in the compiler is kinda slow.