DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:15:35 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 at 10:46:11 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> String interpolation is not solving anything that needs to be
> solved, as a consequence, I don't want another 'convenient'
> feature added if it's not super-easy to grasp and use.
>
> /P

I mean, define "needs to be solved"? Strictly speaking, once you
have any Turing complete language, no language developed other is
doing something that needs to be solved. What standard do you
have for D feature development?

String interpolation is something that many people wish D had.
(See the survey.) Why is that insufficient?