DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Wed Feb 5 11:24:46 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 at 10:46:11 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> String interpolation is not solving anything that needs to be
> solved

Readability is a moving target, and a subjective one as well. A
lot programmers I have worked with find string interpolation to
reduce the ugly-ness of their code, and I completely agree with
them.

To me that means it is a feature worth having.

On top of that string interpolation can be used for DSL work,
something D is well suited for, as well as for string mixins.