Compile time XML Parser?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 16:21:26 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 at 04:37:34 UTC, Kaitlyn Emmons
wrote:
> simple build process > fast build process

hah yeah i know how you feel. Though I want BOTH!

The good news is almost all your code would actually be the same
thanks to CTFE calling ordinary functions. So if you change your
mind, you can change like `mixin(generate())` to
`file.write(generate())` and otherwise basically keep it the same.

So an easy decision to change your mind on if needs be in the
future.

> modules, shouldn't rdmd recognize it doesnt need recompilation
> if the xml and module dont change?

rdmd only caches the end result, not intermediaries. But other
builds can do it... just at the cost of some of that simplicity.