Move/borrow talk on Nim

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Feb 5 20:52:05 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 at 20:19:01 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:
> https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/event/nimmovesemantics/
>
> Might be of interest.

Yes, it is of interest here. What I think is interesting here
that he says that in practice the compiler could infer when to
use move and borrow without using the new keywords "sink" and
"lent" and they would gradually be removed. The same is pretty
much analogous to letting the compiler analyze the code in order
omit increasing/decreasing reference count which is he also
mentions.

This also what I think should be approach in D, which is borrow
checker should stay out of the way as much as possible without
any additions to language syntax.