DConf and the depth of content

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:09:03 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 6 February 2020 at 15:00:55 UTC, RaycatWhoDat wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I'm based in the States and have been using D on-and-off for a
> year or so. Would you say making the trip to DConf could
> benefit a beginner in the language? If so, have the talks been
> super-technical in nature or is it more of a good mixture of
> topics? If not, is there another way to support D?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You can see all of the talks (except for the first three of Day 1
in 2018 which were lost) on our YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DNdmeE-_lS6VhCVydkVvQ

They cover a pretty wide range. I'd also say that more than
content of the talk, DConf is about being in the room, asking
questions or talking to the speaker after, hanging out
face-to-face with everyone in the real world, and the #BeerConf
that happens each evening.

You'll learn some things, sure, maybe even find someone willing
to tutor you on a thing or two during the Hackathon. But the
relationships you build at DConf strengthen those you make in the
online D community. I've missed two of them and I hope I never
miss another.