3 months of waiting...

berni44 dlang at d-ecke.de
Thu Feb 6 16:26:43 UTC 2020

Last week, I was quite disappointed when no one replied on my
anouncement of a new website about D (meanwhile there are three
replies, one negative, two positive, but it's somewhat too late).
I'm also waiting for almost three months now for a review of my
PRs concerning replacing sprintf (just doing thumbs up isn't
enough). Together this made me quite sad.

So I decided to stay away for a week to calm down and to have
time to think about this. Finally I came to the conclusion, that
I do not fit in this community. So I will leave.

I kept all PRs open, because I think they are all ripe to be
merged (there is one, where n8sh commented in the last week and
his suggestions should be added), but I will neither care for
them anymore. Close them, use them or continue to ignore them; I
don't mind.

Recently I was working on a complete rewrite of the documentation
of std.format with some improvements, bug fixes and stuff. I
added also unittests to verify the documentation. It's still work
in progress, but it's about 80% finished. Again I will not
continue work on this. But I uploaded it on github [1]. You can
use it, if you like.

Bye bye

[1] https://github.com/berni44/phobos/blob/formatS/std/format.d