3 months of waiting...

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 17:43:32 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 6 February 2020 at 16:26:43 UTC, berni44 wrote:
> Last week, I was quite disappointed when no one replied on my
> anouncement of a new website about D (meanwhile there are three
> replies, one negative, two positive, but it's somewhat too
> late). I'm also waiting for almost three months now for a
> review of my PRs concerning replacing sprintf (just doing
> thumbs up isn't enough). Together this made me quite sad.
>
> So I decided to stay away for a week to calm down and to have
> time to think about this. Finally I came to the conclusion,
> that I do not fit in this community. So I will leave.

Sorry to see you go.

For what it's worth, you're far from alone in these experiences,
so I don't think they're necessarily a sign of "not fitting in."
It is, unfortunately, not unusual for a thread in the
Announcements forum to receive few or even zero replies, or for a
PR to sit unreviewed in the queue for months at a time. Engaging
with the contribution process in a healthy way that avoids
burnout while still achieving your goals is not easy, and I can't
blame anyone who, having tried it, decides to seek greener
pastures elsewhere.

If you ever do decide to return, I'm sure the D community will be
happy to welcome you back. Either way, thanks for all that you've
given us, and best of luck in your future endeavors. :)