DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Fynn Schröder fynnos at live.com
Fri Feb 7 07:39:28 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 6 February 2020 at 06:08:59 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This is the feedback thread for the first round of Community
> Review for DIP 1030, "Named Arguments":

I think this DIP is a solid approach to named arguments for D.
However, I second Timon's concern from the feedback thread
regarding point 5
> If there are more NamedArguments than Parameters, the remainder
> match the trailing ... of variadic parameter lists, and
> Identifiers are not allowed.
Either leftover named arguments should go into the variadic
parameters (and it must be able to tell whether a parameter in
the list was given with an Identifier or not) OR a template could
decide to catch leftover NamedArguments in another form of
variadic named parameters (similar to Python's kwargs).