DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 13:53:27 UTC 2020

On Friday, 7 February 2020 at 13:37:15 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> read my document here:
> https://gist.github.com/adamdruppe/a58f097d974b364ae1cbc8c050dd9a3f

Adam I was reading your document and I have a question in an
example where you wrote:

> // look at this clean new code :D
> auto window = createWindow(i"Process debugger $pid");

> It compiles without error. In bliss, the happy user thinks: "d
> rox". Then... the program is run and the window width is
> extraordinary. But the documentation says it will be
> automatically sized by default. ... After some time, they
> notice the window title has changed to ...

So for what I understood, the currently "DIP 1027" when calling:

createWindow(i"Process debugger $pid")

Will generate a string "with" comma, like:

createWindow("Process debugger", $pid)

So changing the size of the window according the value in $pid.

Well if this is true, then this "DIP 1027" is not reasonable at
all and really need some work.

Matheus.