DIP 1027--String Interpolation--Final Review Discussion Thread

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 14:44:02 UTC 2020

On Friday, 7 February 2020 at 14:38:57 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> I recall Walter changing it to $ from something with % because
> that is what most other languages do.

Right. But those other languages aren't putting D code in their
strings, which use $ as a fairly common symbol in array indexes.
A less common symbol in D would probably be #, which ruby uses
for its interpolation.

It really isn't a big deal (I'm skeptical that interpolation will
be of much value to mixins anyway), just something I want to make
sure we're all aware of.