RTL language support for Dlang Tour

Mir H. S. Quadri quadrishah846 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 07:02:13 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have started the work of translating the tour.dlang.org website
to Urdu. Languages such as Arabic/Urdu/Farsi/Hebrew are written
from Right-To-Left (RTL). The problem that I am facing is that
the content to translate is written in markdown which is being
rendered into html on the website.

Now in order to translate the content to Urdu, I am having to add
an extra "<p dir="rtl"></p>" tag for every new paragraph which is
an inefficient way to do things.

Is there a way that I can add a script that makes the website
detect if a given language is RTL and automatically render the
page to RTL?

Also, is there any shortcut in markdown for this that I am
missing? I did my research and couldn't find any efficient
solution. Any guidance would be much appreciated.