DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 9 19:45:20 UTC 2020

On 2/8/2020 4:56 PM, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
> That said, having parameter names automatically become part of a function's API
> is a meaningful downside. (Specifically, that a parameter name cannot be changed
> without risk of breaking existing callers.)

Note that D already has "named parameters" for struct initializers. That means,
for example, that the names of the struct field cannot be changed without
breaking any initializer relying on it.

I've never heard a single comment about this, let alone any complaint, nor any
indication that anyone's code broke.