DIP 1030--Named Arguments--Community Review Round 1 Discussion

rb3 ryanblonna3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 04:47:39 UTC 2020

On Monday, 10 February 2020 at 04:36:17 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> That is not what I suggested.
>
> What I suggested was given a single argument, automatically
> construct+call the constructor on a struct as defined in a
> parameter.
>
> It is a 1 to 1 rewrite and would be very simple to do.

That sounds like what I just described. Not sure what the
difference is. Anyway, there's already a PR for what I described
written by Wilzbach, it was opened in 2017:
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/pull/71. Is this not the same as
what you suggested?